Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Winter.

Its winter. I do not like it. Here in Canada you freeze your ass right off somedays. Heat is my best friend, I would rather summer than winter. One of my favorite things to do ever is to walk around during any time of the day in whatever I want to wear. Weither that is a hoodie and sweats, or shorts and a T-shirt. No winter boots, or winter jackets. Just never being cold, thats what I love.
 Today was a average exam week at school, at a freezing -42 celcius... Of course they didnt cancel because of exams, but it was still really cold just to walk to and from school. Enough to get me into a rant to my friends about how much I miss summer.
 My one friend turned to me and told me to stop wanting it to come so quickly. She enlightened me with a new viewpoint. She said to me this, "Every year, you get older. With each season that passes, you will inevitabley get older. We always say that we wish to be young again, but we always want certain times to come faster. Enjoy each season as it passes. You only ever get it once a year, and with each year you get older and then you want those years back. "
 Then I shut up.
No matter how much I want to walk around in the night wearing a light jacket, or learn to longboard, or even wiggle my toes in the sun baked sand; It will come eventually. All I have to do, is be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment